Saturday

A Top 10 Destination ...

I caught an interesting arrticle on Yahoo today.

10 places to see, in the U.S., before you die. Nice!


Anyhow ... one of the places just happened to be the 'Oregon Coast' - Highway 101. No surprise there, because there are stunning views all over the coast.

However ...

There was one little tidbit of info that I thought was very interesting:


"The entire coast is public land..."



Let me tell you - you WON'T see that in Florida! Sure there are plenty of public beaches - but even still - you gotta PAY to park and get to 'em.

I don't know this personally ... but apparently in the Florida Keys it's VERY difficult to find public beaches. Miles of water and beach - but only a few places open to the public. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about that?)


Anyhow ... I just thought I'd share that little bit of info with you.

Oh ... I almost forgot ...
Here's the article, in case you want to check it out:
10 Places to see in the U.S.

Also - Photo is the Heceta Head Lighthouse near Florence, Ore.
Source: Stuart Westmorland/Getty



Al

No comments: