Thursday

Grocery day!!

So Thursdays have become my grocery shopping day because around here all the new sales start then. So I want to make sure that they are all stocked up with the good stuff so that I can get all that I want in one trip instead of two.
The total of today's trip before sales and coupons was $196.02 and the amount that I paid out of pocket for all that was  $46.55. It ended up a little more than I was hoping for because I was only able to purchase 3 of the money makers, Knoxx Gelatin. I was hoping to get 6. So that increased my out of pocket by $7.83. I just hope that they get them all back in stock for next week!! I have lots more of those wonderful coupons to use!! So even still not as good as I was hoping for but a savings of 76% is still good in my book!
Here is what I was able to get this week!
1- gallon of Milk
1- 1/2 gallon of Chocolate Milk
2- Gallons of Sweet Tea
12- Packs of Kraft Shredded Cheese
4- Avacodos
2- Bags of Stacy's Pita Chips
4- Packs of Velveta Cheese
10- Lbs of Lean Ground Chuck
4- bottles of Frenches Mustard
2- crts of Chicken Stock
3- boxes of Knoxx Gelatin
4- boxes of Special K Granola
4- packs of Edy's Icecream!
2- tubs Heluva Good Dip
6- packs of Smithfield Bacon
4- bottles of Coke
I was able to get the 4 boxes of Special K granola free with a 2.00 overage. I also had a couponf for a free gallon of milk with the purchase of 100.00 worth of groceries.(that is before couopns!) And a free 1/2 gallon of Chocolate milk with the purchase of a gallon of regular milk, so they were both FREE!
And the Ground Chuck was on sale and I had a coupon for 1.00 off 2lb or more and when I got to the meat section all they had was 1 lb packs and 5 lb packs. So to make the most of my coupon I wanted 5 2lb packs. So that I could get the most off per lb. So I just asked the butcher if he would take the 2 5 lb packs and split them in to 2 lb packs. And he did one even better, He made up 5 freshly ground 2lb packs just for me! So I was able to get an additional .50 cents off a pound just for asking!
Also another thing I did was a few weeks ago in our Sunday paper the Publix store put out a 1.00 off 2 pack of Kraft cheese store coupon.  I decided to hold on to it till I could get a manufactures coupon to stack with it and for a sale. So that is just what I did and I was able to get the pack of shredded cheese for 1.00 each! The checker said, "Wow it is good that you held on to those coupons you got a great deal! Most people used them right away."
Kait was so done with grocery shopping today. But she was very excited when I told her that next week she would not have to go with me as Papa and Mama Miller will be here and she can stay home with them. Then the spark in her eye came back!

No comments: