Monday

Website Sales Info

Hey guys,

I know you probably get sick of hearing about this ... but ... I love talking about it.

SORRY!


Anyhow - about 6 months ago, I had a product that I was selling for $27 on one of my websites. It was selling okay.

Then, I raised the price up to $37, and I started selling a bunch more.

Wierd ...

I thought so.


However, it seems to be a strange phenomenon, that people don't really value stuff as much when it's cheaper. Especially free stuff. Everyone wants free ... but they NEVER do anything with it if it's free.

At least that's been my experience on the internet.


Never-the-less ... I had a different product that I had lowered my price on down to $17 for the last 2-3 months. I expected my sales to go up because of the big price drop I was giving.

However ... my sales remained pretty flat during that time. In other words, I didn't see a big jump in the amount of sales even though I was offering the product for $10 less.

So, I finally decided to put the price back up to $27 yesterday.

And guess what happens when I jack up the price?


I've gotten 5 sales since I did that. I normally get about 1 or so per day.


What's the point Al? If you ever sell stuff on the internet - don't just assume that people are going to want to pay a lower price for it. I can't explain it, and it's very wierd, but sometimes you have to charge more in order to get people to take your product seriously.


OK - thanks for reading.

Al

No comments: